Conflict Management IN the Hospitality
This highly interactive (in-house or online) conflict management training course, is designed specifically for managers and staff working in the hospitality sector. The training provides a range of strategies and safe techniques to manage customers presenting challenging behaviours.
Many employees in today’s society have to deal with confrontational situations in the workplace. Employees may become victims of verbal abuse, harassment, threats or even physical violence. As a direct consequence, the employer may well experience the negative effects of such actions, which can directly effect the organisation; absenteeism, stress related illnesses, expense of temporary staff, low moral, reduced productivity output and the additional workforce costs which may be incurred through litigation and compensation.
This one day training course is designed to provide the skills to identify confrontational/threatening behaviour and through the combination of observation, communication, threat and risk assessment, enable course participants to take control of challenging situations.
The course aims to provide participants with a host of skills and strategies to deal effectively and safely with confrontation. The combination of theory and practical participation, provides delegates with the opportunity to discuss and explore such issues in a safe learning environment.
Training is delivered in a relaxed, informal and flexible manner, with emphasis on the opportunity for questions and discussion. The learning process is very interactive and involves a variety of exercises designed to educate and motivate participants.
- Be able to identify situations where their personal safety may be at risk.
- Be able to recognise the signs and effects of alcohol, drugs/solvents and mental health issues, exhibited by individuals
- Appreciate how confrontation may be expressed through the use of body language
- Be able to use effective communication skills and positive body language to diffusive and manage confrontational situations
- Basic breakaway and self-defence skills
- Formulating effective incident reports – aimed at identifying risks and providing detailed accounts of situations
Conflict Management in the Hospitality Industry
Download a copy of the training program