Conflict Management Training Course for PSV Drivers
Many employees in today’s society have to deal with confrontational situations in the workplace. Employees may become victims of verbal abuse, harassment, threats or even physical violence. As a direct consequence, the employer may well experience the negative effects of such actions, which can directly affect the organisation; absenteeism, stress related illnesses, expense of temporary staff, low morale, reduced productivity output and the additional workforce costs which may be incurred through litigation and compensation.
This one day training course is designed to provide the skills to identify confrontational behaviour and through the combination of observation, communication, threat and risk assessment, enable course participants to take control of confrontational situations.
This course aims to provide participants with a host of skills and strategies to deal effectively and safely with confrontation. The combination of theory and practical participation, provides delegates with the opportunity to discuss and explore such issues in a safe learning environment.
Training is delivered in a relaxed, informal and flexible manner, with an emphasis on the opportunity for questions and discussion. The learning process is very interactive and involves a variety of exercises designed to educate and motivate participants.
- Know how to plan and organise their work to minimise risks to their personal safety
- Be able to identify and adopt practical ways of protecting their personal safety while at work
- Be able to identify situations where their personal safety may be at risk.
- Be able to recognise the signs and effects of alcohol, drugs/solvents and mental health issues, exhibited by individuals
- Appreciate how confrontation may progress through the use of body language
- Use various communication skills and positive body language to diffusive confrontational situations
- Know when to report incidents and how to record effectively