Conflict Management Training for Teachers and Lecturers
Many employees in today’s society have to deal with confrontational situations in the workplace. Employees may become victims of verbal abuse, harassment, threats or even physical violence. As a direct consequence, the employer may well experience the negative effects of such actions, which can directly affect the organisation; absenteeism, stress related illnesses, expense of temporary staff, low morale, reduced productivity output and the additional workforce costs which may be incurred through litigation and compensation.
This one day training course is designed to provide the skills to identify confrontational behaviour and through the combination of observation, communication, threat and risk assessment, enable course participants to take control of confrontational situations.
This course aims to provide participants with a host of skills and strategies to deal effectively and safely with confrontation. The combination of theory and practical participation, provides delegates with the opportunity to discuss and explore such issues in a safe learning environment.
Training is delivered in a relaxed, informal and flexible manner, with an emphasis on the opportunity for questions and discussion. The learning process is very interactive and involves a variety of exercises designed to educate and motivate participants.
- Appreciate staff limits and expectations when dealing with confrontation
- Be able to identify situations where staff personal safety or the safety of others may be at risk.
- Appreciate how confrontation may progress through the initial use of body language
- Case study exercises – use various class/lecture room management techniques to avoid confrontational situations developing further
- Be able to use various communication de-escalation skills and effective body language to diffusive confrontational situations
- Basic breakaway and Self Defence skills
- Know when to report incidents and how to produce robust incident reports
Conflict Management Training for Teachers & Lecturers
Download a copy of the training program