MONEY LAUNDERING and FRAUD AWARENESS TRAINING
The UK anti-money laundering regime has evolved over a number of years and includes legislation intended to counteract not only criminal money laundering but also terrorist financing.
Organisations are recommended to conduct an assessment of the money laundering and terrorist financing risks which they face, and embrace the underlying principles of the UK’s anti-money laundering regime. The number of reports from providers of social housing has been historically low, yet it is important that management and staff alike are aware of the risk factors in order to ensure that legislation is not breached.
The Money Laundering Training course is aimed at raising awareness of the substantial money laundering risks associated with housing management and the everyday course of business in any Housing Association.
Mike Edwards, has 11 years’ experience in professional investigations and intelligence development concerning organised crime and national security.
Since 2014, Mike has been employed in the role of a cyber-security and threat intelligence management at a national level within a diverse, multi-agency team. He has extensive experience in social media network investigation and financial intelligence investigation.
Mike is a qualified associate university lecturer at a Welsh University with experience teaching at a variety of higher and further education establishments. He has also delivered a range of professional training courses for public and private sector organisations.
The Money Laundering training session, will cover relevant financial crime legislation including:
- Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Terrorism Act 2000
- Fraud Act 2006
- The Prevention of Social Housing Fraud Act 2013 (PoSHFA)
- Introduction to Money Laundering
- Responsibilities of Senior Managers
- Staff responsibilities
- Money Laundering Regulations – Due Diligence
- Internal controls and ongoing monitoring of your business
- Policy statements
- Risk based approach to Money Laundering Mitigation
- Risk Management for employees
- New Customers
- Identifying private individuals
- Money Laundering Supervision and Registration
- Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
- Identifying suspicious activity what can you do?
- Reporting suspicious activity – Staff core obligations & SARS
- Insider Threat