Lone Worker Personal Safety
for Letting and Estate Agents
Many employees in today’s society have to deal with confrontational situations in the workplace. Employees may become victims of verbal abuse, harassment, threats or even physical violence. As a direct consequence, the employer may well experience the negative effects of such actions, which can directly effect the organisation; absenteeism, stress related illnesses, expense of temporary staff, low morale, reduced productivity output and the additional workforce costs, which may be incurred through litigation and compensation.
This one day training course is designed to provide the skills necessary to identify confrontational/threatening behaviour. Through the combination of observation, communication, threat and risk assessment, course participants will be better equipped to take control of challenging situations.
The course aims to provide participants with a host of skills and strategies to deal effectively and safely with confrontation. The combination of theory and practical participation, provides delegates with the opportunity to discuss and explore such issues in a safe learning environment.
Training is delivered in a relaxed, informal and flexible manner, with emphasis on the opportunity for questions and discussion. The learning process is very interactive and involves a variety of exercises designed to educate and motivate participants.
- Be able to identify situations where their personal safety may be at risk.
- Safe strategies particularly when visiting individuals at their home
- Be able to recognise the signs and effects of alcohol, drugs/solvents and mental health issues, exhibited by individuals
- Appreciate how confrontation may be expressed through the use of body language
- Be able to use effective communication skills and positive body language to diffusive and manage confrontational situations
- Safe strategies to remove yourself from a service user’s home in the event of a threatening situation
- Basic self defence and breakaway skills
- Know when to report incidents and how to produce effective incident reports to assist in the event of complaints or litigation.
Lone Worker Personal Safety for Letting and Estates Agents
Download a copy of the training program