Lone Working Personal Safety
In the modern working landscape, many individuals find themselves operating alone, without the benefit of interaction with colleagues or direct supervision. These lone workers are defined as those who spend a significant portion of their working hours in situations where they operate independently. It is the responsibility of employers to assess all potential risks to the health, safety, and welfare of their workforce, including the unique risks associated with lone working.
The issue of workplace violence is on the rise, impacting organizations across various sectors. However, it is crucial to recognize that staff members operating alone may be particularly susceptible to these risks. Employers are obligated to evaluate the potential for violence and implement proactive measures to prevent or mitigate these dangers. The safety of lone workers should be prioritized, ensuring that their exposure to the risk of violence remains no greater than that of their colleagues.
This comprehensive course is meticulously crafted to equip participants with a comprehensive toolkit of skills and strategies essential for lone workers. By combining theoretical knowledge with practical participation, delegates have the opportunity to engage in open discussions and delve into these critical topics within a safe and supportive learning environment.
Our one-day training programme is meticulously designed to empower lone workers with the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out their tasks in the safest possible manner. The focus is on practical and applicable strategies that can be readily implemented in real-world scenarios.
Our training approach is characterized by its relaxed, informal, and flexible style, fostering an environment that encourages questions and discussion. The learning process is highly interactive, featuring a diverse range of exercises carefully designed to educate and motivate participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will have achieved the following learning objectives:
- Effective Work Planning: Understand how to meticulously plan and organize their work to minimize risks to their personal safety.
- Personal Safety Strategies: Identify and adopt practical techniques to protect their personal safety while working independently.
- Risk Awareness: Recognize situations where their personal safety may be at risk and take appropriate preventive measures.
- Information and Risk Assessments: Appreciate the importance of information and risk assessments as tools to enhance personal safety – knowledge is power.
- Communication Systems: Understand the critical role of communication systems when operating as a lone worker.
- Safe Travel Practices: Ensure safety while traveling alone for work-related purposes.
- Safety During Home Visits: Implement safe strategies, especially when visiting clients or service users in their homes.
- Exit Strategies: Develop and apply safe exit strategies in case of unexpected situations.
- Self-Defence and Breakaway Skills: Gain basic self-defence and breakaway skills, enhancing personal safety and confidence.
- Reporting Protocols: Appreciate the importance of reporting incidents and effectively communicating with line managers in the event of any situation.
In addition to personal safety, this course includes modules that address the crucial topics of sexual harassment and online harassment. Participants will gain insights into identifying, preventing, and addressing these forms of harassment, ensuring a safer working environment.
Who Should Attend?
This course is specifically designed for lone workers, especially those who visit clients or service users, including patients, in their homes. It is also beneficial for anyone who may find themselves working independently, ensuring they possess the essential knowledge and skills to safeguard their personal safety effectively.
Lone Worker Personal Safety Training
Download a copy of the training program