Whilst safeguarding vulnerable individuals is paramount for every organisation providing care and support, the Professional Boundaries training course focuses on protecting both the person receiving the service and the person / organisation providing the service. An allegation of inappropriate behaviour by the professional or volunteer can have serious consequences for all the individuals involved.
This full day training course is designed to encourage debate and discussion amongst delegates about those “grey areas” of boundary crossings which many professionals may/will cross in their careers, often inadvertently and with the intention of helping the person that is receiving their service.
This course is delivered in a format that is both easy to digest and apply to the work environment. It will benefit all employees who work within a Health and Social Care environment. It will also benefit those who require this knowledge as part of their induction or as part of their company’s mandatory training programme. Successful completion of the training will give delegates the under-pinning knowledge of professionalism to be able to implement those outcomes within their working environment.
Training is delivered in a relaxed, informal and flexible manner, with an emphasis on the opportunity for questions and discussion. The learning process is very interactive and involves a variety of exercises designed to educate and motivate participants.
- Definition of professional boundaries
- Professional behaviours, morals and ethics in focus
- To realise that certain actions and behaviours (even with the very best of intentions) can result in boundary crossings that have the potential for serious consequences for the people receiving services, their employer, and themselves
- Identify the requirements and expectations of professional boundaries
- Explaining how the law, regulation and policy guide work in practice
- Valuing and sharing information in professional settings and understanding the limits to confidentiality
- Techniques for creating and maintaining healthy professional boundaries
- Actions to take if professional boundaries are breached, reporting and recording procedures