Conflict Management Training
Many employees in today’s society have to deal with confrontational situations in the workplace. Employees may become victims of verbal abuse, harassment, threats or even physical violence. As a direct consequence the employer may well experience the negative effects of such actions, which can directly effect the organisation; absenteeism, stress related illnesses, expense of temporary staff, low moral, reduced productivity output, and the additional workforce costs which may be incurred through litigation and compensation
This one day Conflict Management training course is designed to provide staff with the skills necessary to deal safely and effectively with confrontational situations in the workplace. Through dynamic risk assessment staff will learn how and when it is safe to take control of confrontational situations.
The Conflict Management training course aims to provide staff with a host of skills and strategies to deal effectively and safely with confrontation. The combination of theory and practical participation provides delegates with the opportunity to discuss and explore issues in a safe learning environment.
Training is delivered in a relaxed, informal and flexible manner, with emphasis on the opportunity for questions and discussion. The learning process is very interactive and involves a variety of exercises designed to educate and motivate participants.
- Know how to plan and organise their work to minimise risks to their personal safety
- Be able to identify and adopt practical ways of protecting their personal safety while at work
- Be able to identify situations where their personal safety may be at risk.
- Be able to recognise the signs and effects of alcohol, drugs, solvents and mental health issues, exhibited by individuals
- Appreciate how confrontation may progress by the use of early warning signs, to warning and then danger signs through the use of body language
- Be able to use effective body language and various communication skills to diffusive confrontational situations
- Self defence & breakaway skills
– stance, movement
– wrist, clothing grabs
– strangle holds
– blocking skills
- Know when to report incidents and how to record effectively
Safety Solutions Training Limited are pleased to offer the below accredited training course. This is a generic course unlike the bespoke Conflict Management courses that we offer all our clients.