Conflict Management Training
Confrontational situations like aggression, abuse and violence are realities in many workplaces today. Employees across different industries and roles frequently face volatile interactions that can quickly escalate if not handled properly.
- Retail and hospitality staff often deal with angry, intoxicated, or unreasonable customers.
- Healthcare workers handle tense interactions with upset patients and families.
- Teaching faculty deal with disciplinary issues and clashes with students.
- Public transport drivers experience fare evasion, verbal abuse, and violence from passengers.
- Office workers can experience harassment, discrimination and bullying from colleagues.
Without proper training, these routine conflicts can escalate into serious incidents impacting staff wellbeing, absenteeism, turnover, lawsuits, reputational damage and more. Equipping employees with conflict management skills is crucial for a wide range of sectors and roles.
This universal training provides staff from diverse industries and backgrounds with the core techniques to safely and effectively handle the confrontational situations they encounter day-to-day. Participants will gain portable knowledge and skills to take back to their unique work environments.
This intensive one-day Conflict Management course provides UK employees across sectors with the skills to safely and effectively handle confrontational situations at work. Through interactive sessions, risk assessment techniques, and hands-on scenarios, staff will gain strategies to defuse tensions, protect their safety, and take control of challenging interactions with customers, coworkers and others.
The training combines theory and practical exercises for well-rounded development. Employees will learn how to spot early warning signs, use verbal and physical de-escalation techniques, set boundaries, make sound safety judgements, follow up with reporting, and more. The participatory format in a secure environment fosters open discussion and exploration of real-world case studies.
The training is delivered in an informal, engaging way with emphasis on group discussions, Q&As, roleplays, and practical activities to cement skills. Participants are motivated through real-world scenarios, coaching, feedback, and a chance to practice key techniques in a risk-free environment. The focus is on building confidence, resilience, and lasting capabilities to apply on the job.
- Engage in open discussions concerning workplace risks, promoting awareness and proactive risk mitigation.
- Understand Health and Safety Legislation: Explore Health and Safety legislation within the context of workplace violence, ensuring compliance and safeguarding practices.
- Enhance Digital Online Security: Learn strategies to prevent online harassment, ensuring your digital safety.
- Recognise Unsafe Situations: Identify potentially unsafe situations, including violence and aggression, sexual advances/inappropriate conduct, malicious allegations, and possible entrapment scenarios.
- Master Body Language and Communication: Develop effective body language and communication skills to navigate confrontational situations with confidence.
- Skilfully Manage Confrontations: Acquire techniques to manage confrontations through distractions and improve interpersonal skills.
- Master Spatial Awareness: Develop spatial awareness and various escape strategies to enhance personal safety.
- Understand Legislation on Self-Defence: Explore legislation related to self-defence, ensuring a clear understanding of your rights and responsibilities.
- Optional Self-Defence Skills: If you choose, acquire basic self-defence and breakaway skills, including stance and movement, releases from various wrist and clothing grabs, and blocking techniques.
- Follow Post-Incident Procedures: Learn post-incident procedures, including formulating robust incident reports designed to identify risks and provide detailed accounts of situations.
Conflict Management Training Course
Download a copy of the training program